Sunday, January 2, 2011

Help?

Okay, so I've got this friend. She's not a member of the Church, but she has lived here a long time so she knows a lot about Mormons. I've been trying to think of a way to approach the topic of the Gospel with her, but she just doesn't seem open to it.

She went to Seminary for a couple of years, and has dated some Mormon guys. She says she has read the Book of Mormon twice, but she just doesn't like it very well. I'm kind of at a loos of what to do. I think that the gospel could really make her life a lot better, and could help her through the difficult times she is going through right now, but I don't know how to approach the topic with her, in a way that she won't think I'm preaching.

Do you guys have any ideas? I know we live in Happy Valley, so there aren't a lot of opportunities like this. The end of the Semester is coming quickly, and I don't know if I will have a class with her after this. I would really like to help this girl, but I don't know how.

On a similar thought, can you imagine your lives without the gospel? With out knowing the truths of eternity? That would be so dark. So hopeless. Without the love of my Savior in my life, I couldn't last a day. I don't want this girl to have to do it by herself anymore. Because no one should have to do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment