Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things that I wish I could do #1

I wish I could sing like Bernadette Peters. My life would be complete.

For those of you who don't know who Bernadette Peters is, I am so sorry. A prominent Broadway star, she's famous for roles such as the Witch in Into the Woods, Mama Rose in Gypsy, and Dot/Marie in Sundays in the Park with George.

Let me give you an idea of why I would like to sing like her. The following link is Bernadette Peters singing the famous song "Anything you can do" from Annie get your gun. It shows different aspects of her voice, from the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong note (almost 20 whole seconds!!) to the sky high notes! Although I'm not a huge fan of the faked accent, it still sounds amazing.


Lol. Her indignant "I'm a girl!"

This woman has never ending air, and a voice that sounds good in all dynamics. Who wouldn't want that?

Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment